The city of Martins Ferry took a huge blow when East Ohio Regional Hospital (EORH) was forced to close on September 28, 2019. Jobs were lost and patients had no choice but to find a new trustworthy hospital, which could’ve brought them to another state! A lot of uncertainty filled the air until EORH was purchased by East Ohio Hospital with their primary goal to reopen the old hospital.
The city of Martins Ferry embraced the potential of a reopening but still hadn’t forgotten about the disappointing close in 2019. Doctor Johnson, entrepreneur and CEO of both AccessOhio and East Ohio Hospital, was tasked to reopen the hospital under a new direction. The first step was to share this new direction publicly launching a brand-new website.
The Challenge : Rebranding A Reopening
- Hospital team launching from scratch: With East Ohio Hospital team members doing their parts to relaunch the hospital as soon as possible, developer resources were limited to take on tasks like web design and web development. With these limitations, the new site had to be built so that it could be easily managed.
- East Ohio Hospital’s new image: The old hospital, EORH, was not to be confused with the new hospital, East Ohio Hospital. Under the new management, the public must be assured that the hospital will remain open indefinitely. As such, management must win the public’s confidence through all of their communications, including on their website.
- Maintaining a consistent brand: East Ohio Hospital was one of several other hospitals managed by the parent company, Access Ohio. AccessOhio is known for quality and consistency in care as well as efficiency in day to day operations. AccessOhio wanted to extend their brand into the new hospital.
The Solution : Uplancer
- Self-managed Site: By setting up an infrastructure managed in the cloud, Uplancer helped East Ohio Hospital be less dependent on devops for their site management. In addition, Uplancer implemented the content management system, Contentful, into the hospital site, further eliminating the need for IT support.
- Refresh of logo and legacy site: The surrounding community of Martins Ferry and the rich past of EORH were the focus of Uplancer’s new logo and site designs. The selected new designs allowed East Ohio Hospital to leave their past behind and shine a new light onto the hospital.
- The crossroads of healthcare: Access Ohio’s iconic cross was integrated by Uplancer into the final East Ohio Hospital logo. In doing so, Access Ohio was able to extend their brand into their hospital while ensuring that East Ohio Hospital was distinguishable from the parent company.
Uplancer helped East Ohio Hospital rebrand themselves to the public, leaving any unpleasant pasts behind. The website was curated for a streamlined IT team and took on the branding of its parent company. See it live today at eohospital.com. Contact us today to understand how we can take a similar approach for your marketing site!